Subaru Showdown: July 16-17 at CMP
The Subaru Showdown is a two day autocross championship and Subaru owner’s appreciation event jointly hosted by Central Carolinas Region SCCA and South Carolina Region SCCA, consisting of the following events on July 16-17, 2011:
- Autocross – a 2-day event for ALL CARS with two separate courses on the Carolina Motorsports Park West Course.
- Car Show – Two separate 1-day events for Subarus only.
- PDX – “Performance Driving Experience” – a 2-day HPDE/track day event on the Carolina Motorsports Park East Course for Subarus only.
- Time Trial – a 2-day event for Subarus only, held under SCCA Club Trials rules.
|Autocross||Car Show||PDX and Time Trial|
|Online Registration||Online Registration||Online Registration|
|Entry List||Entry List||Entry List|
|PDX Driver Packet (PDF)|
Entering Multiple Events
Autocross, PDX and Time Trial participants are welcome to enter the Car Show. Unfortunately, Time Trial and PDX entrants will be unable to participate in Autocross, and vice versa, due to overlapping schedules. If you would like to experience both events, it is possible to purchase a single-day PDX entry and a single-day Autocross entry. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Spectators are welcome! All events on this weekend are sanctioned as spectator events. Carolina Motorsports Park charges a $5 fee at the gate for spectators. Access to “hot” areas (pits, grid, autocross grid/course) is restricted to SCCA members and weekend members who have signed the appropriate SCCA and CMP release/waiver forms.
Volunteers are needed for the PDX and Time Trial portion of this event! The main need is for Flagging and Communications (corner workers), Pit and Grid, and Paddock workers. Volunteers will receive either a $30 cash expense reimbursement for each day worked, or a $30 credit toward future South Carolina Region SCCA Solo, PDX or Time Trial events for each day worked. Plus, volunteers will be provided breakfast and lunch for each day worked and a free ticket to the Saturday night cookout.
Special offer for Autocrossers: Are you only planning on driving one day of the weekend? If you’re willing to volunteer on the other day, we’ll give you the normal volunteer perks above AND give you your autocross entry for free! Sign up on the volunteer page first, and then we’ll issue you a discount code good for a free day of autocross! Space is limited for this offer.
Volunteer registration is on the PDX/Time Trial Registration Page. Sign up today!
Download our event flyer and help us spread the word!
- General event questions: Nick Hallman – firstname.lastname@example.org, 803.386.9146
- Autocross: Thom Mezzapelle – email@example.com
- PDX/Time Trial: Joe Oliveira – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar: Kelly Mezzapelle – email@example.com
This entry was posted in General News, PDX/Time Trial, Solo. Bookmark the permalink. ← Sun News coverage Saturday, August 6: Solo at Florence Civic Center →